Daegu Hyanggyo was a leading educational facility built at the onset of the Joseon Dynasty in 1398. Its purpose was to educate the sons of Korea’s ruling class on Confucian virtues and the role they had on Korean society and politics. The historical academy has been burned during wars that plagued the region during the 16th century and rebuilt in 1598 at its current location, south of downtown Daegu. Recently, it has been renovated further in 1973. Daegu Hyanggyo is still in use today for tourists but can frequently be seen as a beautiful wedding backdrop for marriage ceremonies.
112 Myeongnyun-ro, Jung-gu, Daegu, South Korea